For a piece of property that leaves almost no time for just sitting around, I’ve been oddly obsessed with creating places to sit around the farm this year.
First, I upgraded the plastic Adirondack chairs that have been a staple around the fire pit for a couple of years for these legit wood Adirondacks…
So pretty. (You can find them here.*) Also hefty enough that they won’t blow across the yard in a slight breeze like the plastic ones did.
I’m so much happier with this firepit arrangement with the gravel, particularly when I think back to what a mess it used to be. So much better now:
I’m still going to do some kind of stone firepit eventually, and add a few more benches out there, but that’s a project for another summer.
But, in the interim, there’s actually a lot of seeing not too far away, because I finally got chairs for the long table under the pergola.
These are actually outdoor wood folding chairs from World Market and they’re the most solid chairs I could find for around $35 apiece. And they can be easily moved over to the firepit area (or anywhere on the property, for that matter) for more seating.
I’ve also (finally) started to put together a place to sit on the covered front porch which has been so neglected that until a few weeks ago the only “furniture” on it were a couple of old paint cans that I never threw away after repainting the floor four years ago. Yeah. Four year old paint cans. So this is a slight improvement…
I love the chairs, but I’m unsure about the color of that rug, as are the Nugs, apparently…
So judgy, these chickens.
(They are also unsure about these new plants I added to the back patio without consulting the flock first.)
As far as the front porch goes, there’s still a lot of space to fill up there AND I’ve got a very large cushion that’s just waiting for me to build a porch swing for it to sit on. I’m hoping to get to that project sometime before it snows. (Ha. Unlikely.)
Still, the front porch has, for the first time in my years at this house, become a favorite spot to sit and read and watch the Nugs.
As far as places you can find me when I’m not off working on something around the farm, the front porch is second only to this spot these days…
This little table fits perfectly in the space I left open in this last row of raised beds, and it’s nice to finally have a place to sit and relax out in the garden.
So. That’s four new places to hang out on this property, now if I could just find the time to actually sit down for a minute…
Nah.
*Yeah, all the chairs in this post are from World Market, but, oddly, this wasn’t in any way sponsored by them, and those are not affiliate links. I just really like their outdoor furniture and it often goes 30-50% off making it more affordable.
Article reference Places to Sit








No comments:
Post a Comment